Saturday 7 March 2015

CSI Season 15 Finale: Finlay, I'm Sorry

"It's all your fault, Hillary!" 

Okay so if you haven't figured this out yet I'm a huge fan of the series, Crime Scene Investigation (CSI/CSI:Las Vegas). I don't like the spinoffs: Miami is okay and I will not watch NY. The original CSI is my obsession and by the end of the year I hope to have seen every single episode of the series which now contains over 300 episodes. Over the complete seasons that I have seen, there are some characters that I find annoying like Riley Adams that replaced Sara Sidle in Season 9. Adams was unprofessional and was not a good CSI, she made mistakes and did not fit well with the rest of the cast. Adams was also sassy and obnoxious, she was the opposite of Nick and never could relate to the victims or the cases emotionally. Thus the reason her character did not return for season 10. But no character in the series has annoyed me more than Julie Finlay (Elisabeth Shue). Julie Finlay was introduced in Season 12 when she came with DB Russell the current leader of the team from Seattle.

"I know one actor looking for a job, Finlay.
 Me: "She could do a reboot of the Karate Kid." 

I always say "I hope Finlay would leave the team or get killed off because she is so annoying." But you are probably thinking, "Hillary why do you find Finlay annoying?" Well, Finlay was brought in basically to replace Catharine Willows, who she will never be able to live up to. Catharine was at one time the leader of the team; she was brilliant, smart and was a critical part of the team. Finlay on the other hand is too flirty (Willows was not that flirty) to a point where it has jeopardized her life. Although Catharine was flirty too, she used it to her advantage to solve the crime. Finlay also gets too excited when solving crimes and smiles too much, she is way too happy. Although Finlay does play a role in solving many of the investigations she could easily be replaced by the two other lady CSIs Sara Sidle or Morgan Brody, all three characters are not needed as they are basically too similar, espceially Finlay and Sidle who are both veteran CSIs.

So in the premiere of this season of CSI, Finlay is trapped in her car and is almost blown up by a serial killer that she helped capture in Seattle, The Gate Harbour Killer . I did say that, "if Finlay got blown up I would be happy" but I was joking at the time. Well, Finlay ended up being okay that time. I even decided that, that moment was my second favourite moment of the season (the first being when Nick Stokes brought the Miniature killer's miniature to a secret serial killer fan memorabilia exchange.) Then Finlay is kidnapped by The Gate Harbour Killer when she went to her apartment alone (which you never do in any crime series) and was unconscious with no pulse in a trunk of a car that was stolen. It is then revealed that Finlay is in a vegetative state. But I don't think that they will kill her off, Nick Stokes left too in the finale so they cannot loose two characters right? RIGHT?

"Maybe Finlay will appear in CSI: Cyber oh wait no she's dead." 

So Julie Finlay I am truly sorry that I wished you dead. I really did not mean I was just joking come back for season 16 and maybe be less annoying! I will be so upset if you are not there as I will feel responsible! The writers hear me say that "I hate Finlay and wish her dead" and then try to kill her off but when I say "I want Grissom to come back" they ignore me! 

All I know is that if CSI doesn't get renewed for next season I will never know what happened to Finlay!!!!!!!!!!:-( So CBS renew CSI so that I will know what happens to Finlay! 

Are quotes in bold are brought to you by my parents who keep reminding me that I got my wish about Finlay.

Next Article: The coolest things about the CSI: CYBER premiere! 




1 comment: