Saturday 27 February 2016

A Star is born...From indie darling to Hollywood Movie star; My relation with Alicia Vikander

So the oscars are tomorrow and many people think that Miss Vikander is going to win. This frigtens me a bit and I was trying to figure out why and now I did.
In 2012 I saw Anna Karenina and the actress that played Kitty (Vikander) was pretty and I fell in love with the way she portrayed the character.At the time, Vikander was a little known Swedish actress and this role was her first Hollywood role. In Fall 2013 I saw that she was coming to tiff and I was determined to get her autograph. She was there to promote a small Swedish film. When I saw the movie there were just old people there. They were there just to see a movie at tiff and they could get tickets to this one. And to top if off no one really knew who Alicia was.To make a long story short I saw the film, sat infront of her in an average size movie theatre and YES I DID GET HER AUTOGRAPH AND SPOKE TO HER FOR LIKE 5 seconds (and I was the only one). Since then I have seen most of her movies, she was an indie movie darling and is an amazing actress and has gone under the radar until now. I remember reading that she was going to be in a movie called "the Danish Girl". I thought nothing of it until it premiered at TIFF this past fall and then she was on everyone's radar and now an Oscar favourite.I did see the Danish Girl and it is definitely a career high for Alicia.


Now to why I am frighten maybe it's because I might have an oscar winner's autograph in my room (how many people can say that) or because I sat in front of one. I think it is mainly because I feel that I liked her first. And now everyone knows who she is. It's like starting a trend; it truly is. But I feel like the part after the flattery is gone and everyone is copying you and you realize you are now unoriginal. I know she is her own person and this is kind of petty. But I now that I understand why I am frighten, which is because of the thought of someone as an actress I liked has now gone mainstream. She is know a SAG winner and Oscar nom. Her being a diamond is the rough is gone and she is now a sparkling diamond in Hollywood. But now I feel that I should share her because she is an awesome actress and that should be shared with the world. But I guess after she comes down the red carpet tomorrow looking beatiful as the Hollywood movie star that she is and potential wins the oscar (like she deserves), I guess can still say I discovered her ;-).
PS (I even discovered her before Vuitton (she is there current muse) and Vogue put her on the cover). 
GOOD LUCK ALICIA. <3 <3
The Q and A I filmed at Tiff 2013 with Alicia and the director of hotel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZXQZPyEbes





No comments:

Post a Comment